Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Journey



I'd almost forgotten how much I truly enjoy running.  In 2012 I had begun jogging to lose some belly fat but then it became a journey when I participated in the Project 365. Jogging and photographing things I seen on the way made the experience entertaining.  After that, I just enjoyed jogging because of the way I felt afterwards.

Last week I laced up my shoes and did six laps at the local track. It was hot, not much shaded areas.  I walked a bit and jogged a bit to total 1.5 miles.  Not sure what that is in kilometres which is what I'm accustomed to.  

Last Friday I kept telling myself I wanted to measure some distance in a neighbourhood where lots of folks jog.  I was surprised when I awoke at seven in the morning and jumped out of bed and hit the street.  I snapped my step counter to my pants and totalled 4.5km. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a clean 5km.  Ever since I started jogging, I've always wanted to do a daily 5km.

 I still had an idea though.

On Monday I got up early and strapped on that step counter and did the same route I had previously done...the one with all the runners and dog walkers...and added one extra street so by the time I was through....you guessed it...5km!  I was so proud of myself and I can't begin to express how motivated I am.   I did that run in 49.02 minutes.  Now the goal is to cut down on that time.  Less jogging and more running!  

No comments: