Sunday, June 14, 2015

Update: 2015 Reading Challenge

Alright, I still have a way to go with the reading challenge and it's a bit difficult to keep up with this list since most of the time I just pick a book to read and not realize whether or not it fits into this list.  By the way, I got this list from Popsugar.  

As of today, I've read 18 books.  I honestly doubt I'll read 50 books this year but I'm certainly going to aim high!  Hey, you never know!  The thing I really like about this challenge is it's getting me out of my usual genre (romance).    

I had to re-arrange some of the books on the list to fit in ones that I read because, you know me, I chose a book or two without even looking at the list so then had to go and fit them in somewhere.  From now on though, I'm sticking to the list!  I've already set my readers with the books that I intend to read but I still am missing a few to complete the list.  No worries since I really know I won't actually get through 50 books anyway!  Ha!

I'm can assume this list was meant for folks to actually read the books but most of the time I'm into audiobooks.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the same thing because I'm still getting the story in my head.


  1. A book with more than 500 pages: The King by JR Ward
  2. A classic romance
  3. A book that became a movie
  4. A book published this year: The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
  5. A book with a number in the title: Six Years by Harlan Coben
  6. A book written by someone under 30
  7. A book with nonhuman characters: Bound By Flames by Jeaniene Frost
  8. A funny book
  9. A book by a female author: Reflected In You by Sylvia Day
  10. A mystery or thriller:  Bird Box by Josh Malerman
  11. A book with one-word title: Splintered by SJD Peterson
  12. A book of short stories
  13. A book set in a different country: Fall Of Night by Jonathan Maberry
  14. A nonfiction book
  15. A popular author's first book:
  16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet: 
  17. A book a friend recommended: Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
  18. A Pulitzer Prize winning book
  19. A book based on a true story
  20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list: Bared To You by Sylvia Day
  21. A book your mom loves
  22. A book that scares you: 
  23. A book more than 100 years old
  24. A book based entirely on its cover: Into His Private Domain by Janice Maynard
  25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't 
  26. A memoir
  27. A book you can finish in a day: Wrong Time, Wrong Place by Simon Kernick
  28. A book with antonyms in the title: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
  29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
  30. A book that came out the year you were born
  31. A book with bad reviews
  32. A trilogy
  33. A book from your childhood
  34. A book with a love triangle
  35. A book set in the future
  36. A book set in high school
  37. A book with a color in the title: 
  38. A book that made you cry: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness & Jim Kay
  39. A book with magic: Wicked Nights by Gina Showalter
  40. A graphic novel
  41. A book by an author you've never read before: The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty
  42. A book you own but have never read
  43. A book that takes place in your hometown
  44. A book that was originally written in a different language: The Diner by Herman Koch
  45. A book set during Christmas
  46. A book written by an author with your same initials
  47. A play
  48. A banned book
  49. A book based on or turned into a TV show: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  50. A book you started but never finished

No comments: