Sunday, July 5, 2015

Behind Schedule

Technically, I'm two books behind schedule in the 2015 Reading Challenge.  It's July, so I should have already have read 25 books but I'm only at 23. That's not all that bad considering I honestly thought I'd only be at 10 or 12 by now!

The thing I like about this challenge is it gets me reading books I may never have thought to read or a genre that I may never have tried.  The thing I dislike is, now that I'm searching for books, I'm coming across a few that appear to be really interesting, based on the synopses, but I have to put them aside because they'll interfere with me staying on track with the challenge.  

In June I read a book that took place in the city I live!!!  How cool is that!  Problem is, it was a thriller, so when the author was saying this bad thing happened on this street.... I was like, wow I know where that is!!  It made the book really come alive because it named streets and locations that I'm familiar with but being as it was a thriller/murder mystery, it really creeped me out!

The book was Déja Dead by Kathy Reichs.  And only after I read the book, enjoyed thoroughly, and then read reviews about it on goodreads, did I realize that the television show BONES was loosely based on the character in this book.  This was the first book in a series of books with the same character but I'm not going to read any more of them.  I listened to it in audiobook format and the narrator did an excellent job.  

To see the books (covers) of what I've completed thus far for the challenge, please click HERE.  

No comments: