Friday, September 11, 2015

Taking It Easy

This past Christmas we purchased a new Canon camera that came highly recommended by a friend who is big on taking pictures!  The entire time we were vacationing in England, I was strolling around with this monster hanging around my neck!

Our first full day in England was spent talking with our hosts then went for a drive around Northampton so I could take a few pictures.  I love the architecture there.  Such details in the carvings.

I did notice that pretty much every tower on a building had a clock!  I wondered if that had anything to do with their Big Ben clock (I'm in love with that clock).



I couldn't get a good full shot of this building because that day, I had only gone out with one of the lenses and it was the zoom so it brought everything up close and personal.  It was nice to see the detail of the statues carved into the stone on the top but all together it was a beautiful structure. I think this was a cultural building or something like that.


The taxi cabs were so cool!  Unlike in New York how all the cabs are yellow, or here in Montreal all the cabs are just regular cars or minivans, England's cabs looked like old school cars!  Four folks could fit in the back seat, actually 5 if three sat along the back seat and then two seats flip down from behind the front / drivers seat.

And they drive on the other side of the road!  That took some getting used to.   





No comments: