Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back To Hodgepodge!




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge,  Hosted by Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond.  Click on the link in the side bar and be transported to her blog where you too, can join in on the podge!  I tried to link it directly with this graphic but I'm on the annoying Apple app right now and I can't figure it out.  User problems most likely ... Ha! 

8 questions with my 8 answers for this weeks hodgepodge!



1.  October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?


I recall seeing parts of the the first and part of the second movie but never the entire movies.  We're there more than two made?  Perhaps I should check it out this weekend.   

In the fall of 1985, I was in the eleventh grade.  It was the beginning of the new school year   I was also part of the student council that year and on the graduating class fundraising committee.  Here in Quebec, high school goes as far as the eleventh grade then you graduate and head off to college.   I had a part time job at Burger King which I worked evenings and weekends.

2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?

Hmm..I would not want to go to the future but going back to the past I wouldn't mind.  I've got tons of happy memories I'd love to relive.  But if I get to go back in time to visit my younger self, I'd have lots of advice to give her!  I doubt I'd change anything though because that road and those experiences have lead me to where I am now.  


3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?

I worry that people will become to dependant on technology that there will be even less personal & physical contact between people.  Everyone's already overwhelmed by texts and email now, imagine if technology continues to grow at this rate, it'll be the end of real socializing. 

I think people need to pause before posting quick responses in social media.  Angry comments are never cute.  The Internet has people believing that nobody really pays attention to the comments or that they are truly anonymous and online bullying is just out of hand.  Nothing is every truly private on line and the Internet has become a breeding ground for hate.  Sadly so. 

4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?




My favorite slow-cooker recipe is Apple sauce.  I know it's truly simple but what can I say.  
My favourite fast food is cheese pizza! 

5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?

Pressed for time is where I'm at now.  Rushing to complete Christmas ornaments for family and friends and in November, I'll be teaching a group of kids how to cross stitch! 

6.  Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?





Mom use to take us to The Snowdon Cinema to watch Disney movies, back in the late 1970s.  The outside of the building today remains the same but it's no longer a cinema.  I'm glad the outer facade remained the same because every time I see it I reminisce of when we seen The Cat From Outer Space!  We sat in the front row nibbling on twizzlers.


7.  Describe your comfort zone. 




I have a spare bedroom that also doubles as a crafting room.  I get total quiet when I'm in there, able to gather with my thoughts
.

8. Insert your own random thought here.




Canada just voted in a new Prime Minister.  I'm eager to see where we go from here!  FYI I'm in Montreal (Quebec), Canada.   




4 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice answers. So many cinemas here (UK)are no longer cinemas. My crafting room is a work in progress. I would love to have it finished so I could do some serious crafting.

Breathing Life said...

Hello fellow Canadian.
I am also excited to see where Mr. Trudeau takes us with his Liberal majority.
Nice to meet you through Joyce's HodgePodge.

Denise said...

gheese pizza, yummy

Joyce said...

There were three Back to the Future films. I didn't think the second was very good, but the first and third were. Definitely watch the third, they go way back and it's cute. I forgot about pizza-definitely my favorite!