Saturday, December 5, 2015

All About Christmas


I'm one of the folks looking forward to Christmas and the whole Christmas Holiday season to be exact.  I love it.  It's my favourite time of the year.   I love how folks decorate, the traditions, the baking, the music too.  I don't mind when folks say Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings because there's Chanukah, Kwanza and Christmas all being celebrated, it really doesn't phase me considering they are all going on around the same time, I just simply reply Merry Christmas and keep on smiling joyfully!  I like the winter,  the sunrises, the sunsets, and the in between.  

I stumbled on this list of Christmas questions on a tumblr blog and figured I'd give it a go!  Sorry, I failed to note who I pilfered this from.

Pardon the more than usual grammatical errors, I just copied & pasted then added my answers.

* **************************** * ***********************************

1. pecan pie or apple pie? Apple pie
2. favourite christmas song? Joy to the World
3. favourite song that's played like a Christmas song?  If we make it through December by Waylon Jennings 
4. favourite christmas drink? Hot chocolate with whip cream and marshmallows 
5. favourite christmas comfort food? Fruit cake.
6. favourite  Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th street...the original black & white version starring Nathalie Wood. 
7. favourite Christmas colour? Red
8. favourite christmas candy? Chocolate caramel pecans (Turtles Chocolates)
9. real or artificial tree in your home? Artificial.
10. favorite channel to watch at christmas? Lifetime
11. tall, average, or small Christmas tree in your home? Average size (6ft) 
12. favorite books to read at Christmas time? Romance novels that take place in a small town during christmas.
13. favorite candle scent(s)? vanilla
14. glass decorations on the tree or home made? Neither, I only put artificial poinsettia flowers.
15. favourite christmas activity? Baking
16. star or angel on tree top? Angel
17. Ideal christmas outfit? Comfy lounging pants and long sleeve tee.
18. ugly sweater, would you wear one in public? Yup! 
19. mittens or gloves? Mittens 
20. if you could decorate any type of tree what type would it be?  I'd love to decorate a Monkey Puzzle tree for christmas, that'd be so cool.  
21. Christmas, Chanukah, or Kwanza, what's yours? Christmas.
22. sweet treats or salty treats? Sweet treats
23. what do you have for Christmas dinner?  Turkey, mashed potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes, vegetables, pie, cake, stuffing, gravy, biscuits.
24. Christmas at home or away?  At home.
25. would you host a christmas themed party? Nope. I like quiet celebrations now.
26. traditional green tree or white tree? Green.
27. Do you hang stockings? Yup
28. Best gift you ever got (not necessarily at Christmas)? Nieces and nephews!!!
29. do you like baking for Christmas?  Call me Betty Crocker because I love baking! 
30. favourite thing about christmas? Family, friends, church, decorating, baking, snacking.. And of course JESUS!


No comments: