Sunday, July 31, 2016

Girly Romance

Have you ever watched a movie and fallen completely and utterly in love with it that you watched it over and over and over again?  That's something that happens to me quite often.  A couple weeks ago I watched You've Got Mail, you know, the Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan film.  I love that film.  I own the DVD but this time I recorded it on the DVR from one of the old movie channels and watched it late one Sunday night.  



I watched it about six more times in the following two weeks!

The funny thing about that movie is it's pretty dated because who really has a dial up internet connection these days!  But the movie overall is very sweet and entertaining and it had a few good chuckles in there too.  I enjoyed it.  It was one of those "feel good" movies that I always enjoy watching.

Last week I recorded The Lakehouse, that movie with Sandra Bulluck and Keanu Reeves.  I also own the DVD of that film but I believe I had only watched it a time or two.  Well, it was on one of those old movie channels the other week and I recorded it and watched it late one Sunday night.  

I have since watched this film five more times!  

I love it.  Oh I'm in a dream now just thinking about it.  The on screen chemistry between the two lead actors is amazing, similar to that of the two in You've Got Mail.  



I enjoy watching girly romance films, but only if the two lead actors have that connection.   I've read many reviews about the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, how the two lead actors just don't click realistically on screen.  I haven't watched that film, most likely because I read the book and there is absolutely no way that book can be turned into a movie without it being a triple x  film.  Seriously.  But anyway, a nice sweet fantasy romance to watch on a late rainy evening would be The Lakehouse.


No comments: