Friday, March 17, 2017

Quaker Bran Muffins



 I guess I could call this a product review.  The other day I purchased a package of Quaker Bran Muffin mix and figured, what the hey, it's on sale so why not.  I've purchased Quaker Muffin mixes in the past, I believe it was the oatmeal that I used, can't recall if I liked them or not.  But this bran mix is totally delicious.  

The package claims it makes 24 but the directions are given for 12.  No problem just make two batches right?  You'd think so but though the measurement says use 3 1/3 cups loosely packed muffin mix, when I measured it ou it's a bit more than half the package and the instructions note the it's about half the package.... Notice that small word there "ABOUT" as in not actually half.  I will be really surprised if I get 12 more muffins out of the leftover mix.  Anyway, that aside, the instructions are easy, just add your muffin mix in a mixing bowl, add one large egg and 1 1/3 cup of water.  Mix everything together with a mixing spatula then spoon into paper-lined muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.  I added currants to mine because it's all I had.  Still nice, moist, tasty and great to curb the junkfood craving.  

I recommend this product ! 


No comments: