Monday, April 24, 2017

Pretend Chef



So lately I've been trying my hand at new recipes.  West Indian recipes!  Yes, my husband is from the West Indies but I only cook Canadian....until now!

I've been surfing the net and followed a small handful of websites that are cooking blogs until I found the jackpot website!   Well it's the jackpot for me because they also have s YouTube channel! How cool is that eh!  

The guy in the videos had this awesome frying pan...I coveted that pan!  

I went to Walmart and got one similar to it, and a smaller one too!  Ahh ha!  I'm officially a chef.  Ok not so much.  I'm still trying more of the recipes but let me tell you, it's a trip! 

Oh, before I forget, the website is caribbeanpot.com, and the YouTube user is also caribbeanpot.  The guy is like here in Canada, so when he tells you a recipe he also explains what to use as a substitute in case you don't have access to West Indian grocery shops, but there's a couple near here so no worries for me.  Anyhow, that's my big deal right now....learning to cook.  

I'm going to get so fat now. Ugh!  

No comments: