Friday, July 14, 2017

CS PM First Christmas


Cross Stitch Precious Moments Christmas stitched on 14 count white Aida fabric using embroidery thread and adorned with beads and sequins. Framed in a 10" plastic flexi hoop (that was hard as heck to get on) and trimmed with red and white lace of various sizes. Green velvet ribbon on top.

This one was the first "big" cross stitch project I'd ever done!  I got the pattern for free from Zellers in their craft section like a "free take one" leaflet from DMC threads.  I thought it was so cute with these two big head kids.  I had changed some of the colours out to reflect my husband and I.  Actually, that was our first Christmas together (1999) so I stitched this pattern to reflect that (though we were only dating at the time)  I swapped out the colours of the kids outfits to reflect our birthstones...cool eh!  and the skin tones to try and match our own but I failed on that attempt, look at the cheeks!  ugh!  And I mistakenly used variegated embroidery thread for the rug so it looks kind of funky but I like it.  

This one hangs on the wall in our home.

No comments: