Friday, July 14, 2017

CS PM Midnight Clear


Cross Stitch Precious Moments Miniatures.  Ornament size.  Stitched on 24 count white fabric using cotton embroidery thread, white glitter paint lightly brushed near girl's feet to imitate snow.  Framed in 3.5" round gold ornament frame. Finished with bold jingle bell and pink fabric flower.  Gold metallic ribbon tied to ornament for hanging. 

1999 was the first Christmas that my husband and I spent together.  He wasn't my husband at the time obviously!  But by then, I had already met his family and he met mine.  His family was larger than mine with more nieces and nephews.  That was the first year that I began stitching personalized Christmas ornaments for the kids.   These photos don't show the name stitched in as I blotted them out with Microsoft Paint. 

This ornament is from Christmas 2003.  That year, I had made all the ornaments using Precious Moments Miniatures and quoted the title of a Christmas song to go with the image stitched.  This one obviously went to a little girl, and the song title was "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear".  Stitching on 22 and 24 count fabric to make the image small enough to fit into the frame was taxing but the end result was amazing!  I still make ornaments for kids at Christmas but only two of the kids are relatives, the rest are kids that go to our church.  Our kids are all grown up and would rather have home baked cookies!  



No comments: